Thursday, October 1, 2009

Corn Maze, in Indiana?

It's true, Indiana is known for it's corn fields. What the farmers do after the harvest is something that can equal fun for the whole family.
Take a ride on any rural road in Indiana and there is bound to be a cornfield or two. Every fall, I look forward to the mazes that many become. These corn mazes are hardly corny at all...they are serious fun and a great learning activity. I visited a farm that offered two different routes; a one mile trip and a two mile. Upon entering the towering rows of corn there is a sense of excitement and wonder. Some wonder...how will I find my way out. But the worry leaves you as the cool autumn air flushes your cheeks. Ahead of you are other families smiling, running and playing.
If your little one is complaining about the walk, remind them of the tasty treats that will be waiting for them...just forget to mention that they are healthy as well! Most of these farmers offer locally harvested apple cider, pies and butter. Yum!
Please tell us of any mazes you have visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment