Wednesday, September 30, 2009

urban summers

In my previous entry I talked about summer leisure activities and hobbies in rural areas, but what about the urban areas? Coming from a small town, the city life has always been of great interest to me. When talking to friends from cities such as Chicago and New York I heard of all sorts of Broadway shows, musicals, shopping centers, horse drawn carriage rides, amusements parks, Imax theaters (not just your average movie theaters even :) and much more. After more research I found that our big city, Chicago, entertains millions with its various museums, art displays, street performances, concerts, zoos, and aquariums. It seems as though the list is almost endless since hobbies in sports (whether playing or watching) and all of the lake/water activities have not even been mentioned. Now, the city seems to be teeming with activities, yet most of these activities require money, which is something I often forget. This helps keep things in perspective, proving that both rural and urban areas have much to offer. It comes down to opinion and personal interest. Which area are you most interested in?

No comments:

Post a Comment